To post an entry on this job board, email email@example.com so we can review and post your announcement. Entries are listed for 60 days. AIA West Virginia Chapter members (including Architect, Associate, Unassigned, and Allied Professional members) may post entries free of charge as a benefit of membership. Non-members are billed at a rate of $75 per entry. Payment is required before an entry can be posted. To pay by check, please make check payable to AIA West Virginia and mail to PO Box 813, Charleston, WV 25323.
The Chapter maintains a resume bank for those seeking positions. If you wish to include your resume in the resume bank, please send it as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are hiring and wish to see resumes from the resume bank, email your request to email@example.com and tell us what experience level you require, i.e. student, 0-4 years, 5-10 or 11+, and we will email you appropriate resumes. Please let us know if you can offer student employment opportunities.
Another source for both employers and job-seekers is the National AIA Career Center.
By posting on the AIA West Virginia Job Board, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of its use.:
The AIA West Virginia Chapter Job Board and Resume File are provided free of charge to members and for a $75 fee for non-members. AIA West Virginia does not perform background checks on candidates, nor on employers posting job opportunities. The chapter is not involved in the actual transaction between employers and candidates. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety, or legality of the jobs posted or the truth or accuracy of the listings.
You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the job board. Employers and job seekers are encouraged to request reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications, credentials, and overall fit between the employer and the applicant.
According to West Virginia law, only individuals licensed to do so may represent themselves using the title "architect" or engage in the practice of architecture as defined by law.
The Chapter reserves the right to review and change any information provided to this site and to refuse or remove any listing deemed unsuitable for any reason.
The Chapter does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of listings submitted by users. As a user of this job board, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
By using this job board, you acknowledge that you have read the terms and conditions and you indicate your acceptance to be bound by them.
Edward Tucker Architects, Inc. is searching for a full-time Architect or license-track graduate who shares our passion for design to join our team in Huntington, West Virginia. We are searching for applicants to further our pursuit to provide exceptional design and service to a diverse range of clients and project types that include health care, higher education, research laboratories, K-12, libraries, museums, and renovation/adaptive reuse.
Our firm culture is based around empowering our architects and designers to design and manage projects to their highest level, thereby providing incredible service to our clients. Our repeat clientele speaks to our success on that front. We have very low employee turnover and our studio is in a beautifully renovated mid-century building, located in Huntington’s thriving downtown.
- Strong design, graphic and problem solving skills
- Bachelor of Architecture degree or a Master of Architecture degree
- A minimum of 4 years of professional architecture practice experience - health care experience a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Highly motivated, collaborative and professional work ethic
- The ability to self-direct, to manage multiple tasks and to work well under deadlines
Proficiency in AutoCAD is a must, Revit highly preferred. Adobe InDesign, 3D modeling/rendering, hand sketching and graphic design skills are a plus.
Benefits include: paid time off plus 6 holidays, annual bonus, 401(k) plan & profit sharing, health insurance plus medical reimbursement account, dental/vision/disability insurance, AIA membership.
To apply, please send resume and portfolio via personal website or PDF, and cover letter. Please tell us a little about yourself, how you would contribute to the culture at ETA. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Check out our web site www.etarch.com. ETA values diversity in the workplace.
Architectural Designer or Graphic Media Arts Designer
The Mills Group is participating in Generation West Virginia’s Impact Fellowship who invites tomorrow’s leaders to work, live and give in West Virginia by offering yearlong, paid fellowships at some of the Mountain State’s most innovative companies. During the course of a year, Impact Fellows work four days a week at one of our participating companies, while dedicating one day a week donating their brain power, time and expertise to projects in partnership with local nonprofit organization. Read about the Impact Fellowship and about the job listing.
Pickering Associates, Inc., a full service Architectural and Engineering firm, is seeking a full-time newly licensed Architect or Architectural Intern seeking to pursue licensure in the future. The successful candidate will join a team of design professionals servicing a diverse base of clients throughout WV, OH and beyond. For more information visit our website.
The candidate must be proficient with AutoCAD and Revit and have experience in all project phases of drawing development and design.
- Bachelor of Architecture or higher degree; a substitution of documented experience in the field of architecture and a Bachelor of Science, Architecture may be accepted.
- Modeling and Rendering skills are highly preferred
- Strong computer skills are required
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be able to coordinate construction document production with all team members across disciplines
- Must have well rounded understanding of all components of a building including Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering
- Must be a good listener, a good communicator and the ability to develop strong working relationships with clients and staff
We offer a competitive wage package commensurate with experience, including excellent benefits. Benefits include 401k with 6% match, affordable health coverage, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a generous bonus program. Assistance with relocation costs will be considered.
Please send resumes with cover letter and salary history to: email@example.com
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Pickering Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
West Virginia University
Campus Planner - Facilities & Services 01292
The Planning, Design, Construction & Scheduling unit of the Division of Facilities & Services at West Virginia University is accepting applications for a Campus Planner. This position is responsible for the planning of campus development to assure the efficient and effective use of University’s physical resources, such as land, buildings, space, and infrastructure.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
• Develop a project program to communicate space development, which may require renovations, modifications, demolition and/or reconstruction.
• Meet with stakeholders, advise end users on interior design factors, coordinate with vendors, and research existing space to meet departmental needs.
• Oversee creation of schematic level drawings and/or renderings noting space layout, use of space, finishes, HVAC improvements, access and egress, equipment needs, budget, and all other items within the project scope of work.
• Conduct space feasibility and utilization studies and communicate findings, recommending changes in space assignment by working closely with stakeholders to plan room layouts and adjacencies.
• Gather information through interviews from Deans, Directors, Chairs, etc. to delineate the goals of each specific area and to explore their vision of the future and translate findings into space needs recommendations.
• Work with Deans, Directors, Chairs, and upper administration to develop a Program of Requirements to delineate the types of spaces, relative size of spaces and use of spaces to be created.
• Lead a committee to procure consulting services that may be necessary for the overall execution of the capital project and convey the approved Program of Requirements to the selected consultants, leading the project through the schematic design phase.
• Support the mission of the University by recommending new construction and renovations to meet programmatic needs.
• Assist with the Campus Master Plan, a guiding tool for planning future capital projects for the University.
• Meet with departments and project managers to identify moving-related needs for small and capital projects, coordinate moving activities between a professional moving company or WVU labor crew and the units moving, and assist units in pre- and post-move activities by serving as liaison to other University departments.
• Develop, improve, and maintain departmental policies, procedures and standards, enforcing formal design guidelines for building interiors, signage and other items that affect the look of the campus.
• Research, evaluate, and benchmark best practices in planning, programming, interior design and construction activities and techniques.
• Bachelor's degree in interior design, architecture, or related field
• Three (3) years of experience in the following:
o Working knowledge of programming/space management/space assessment/space allocation (at a higher education institution preferred)
o Ability to create schematic design level architectural drawings to reflect proposed improvements to space
o Development of plan graphics utilizing design software such as AutoCad, SketchUp, and Photoshop
• One (1) year of experience with applicable building codes (e.g. Electric, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fire, and Life Safety)
• Background check
• Valid driver’s license required for travel to regional campuses and out of town meetings