To post an entry on this job board, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can review and post your announcement. Entries are listed for 60 days. AIA West Virginia Chapter members (including Architect, Associate, Unassigned, and Allied Professional members) may post entries free of charge as a benefit of membership. Non-members are billed at a rate of $75 per entry. Payment is required before an entry can be posted. To pay by check, please make check payable to AIA West Virginia and mail to PO Box 813, Charleston, WV 25323.
The Chapter maintains a resume bank for those seeking positions. If you wish to include your resume in the resume bank, please send it as a PDF to email@example.com.
If you are hiring and wish to see resumes from the resume bank, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what experience level you require, i.e. student, 0-4 years, 5-10 or 11+, and we will email you appropriate resumes. Please let us know if you can offer student employment opportunities.
Another source for both employers and job-seekers is the National AIA Career Center.
By posting on the AIA West Virginia Job Board, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of its use.:
The AIA West Virginia Chapter Job Board and Resume File are provided free of charge to members and for a $75 fee for non-members. AIA West Virginia does not perform background checks on candidates, nor on employers posting job opportunities. The chapter is not involved in the actual transaction between employers and candidates. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety, or legality of the jobs posted or the truth or accuracy of the listings.
You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the job board. Employers and job seekers are encouraged to request reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications, credentials, and overall fit between the employer and the applicant.
According to West Virginia law, only individuals licensed to do so may represent themselves using the title "architect" or engage in the practice of architecture as defined by law.
The Chapter reserves the right to review and change any information provided to this site and to refuse or remove any listing deemed unsuitable for any reason.
The Chapter does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of listings submitted by users. As a user of this job board, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
By using this job board, you acknowledge that you have read the terms and conditions and you indicate your acceptance to be bound by them.
The Planning, Design, Construction & Scheduling unit of the Division of Facilities & Services at West Virginia University is accepting applications for a Campus Planner. This position is responsible for the planning of campus development to assure the efficient and effective use of University’s physical resources, such as land, buildings, space, and infrastructure.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
• Develop a project program to communicate space development, which may require renovations, modifications, demolition and/or reconstruction.
• Meet with stakeholders, advise end users on interior design factors, coordinate with vendors, and research existing space to meet departmental needs.
• Oversee creation of schematic level drawings and/or renderings noting space layout, use of space, finishes, HVAC improvements, access and egress, equipment needs, budget, and all other items within the project scope of work.
• Conduct space feasibility and utilization studies and communicate findings, recommending changes in space assignment by working closely with stakeholders to plan room layouts and adjacencies.
• Gather information through interviews from Deans, Directors, Chairs, etc. to delineate the goals of each specific area and to explore their vision of the future and translate findings into space needs recommendations.
• Work with Deans, Directors, Chairs, and upper administration to develop a Program of Requirements to delineate the types of spaces, relative size of spaces and use of spaces to be created.
• Lead a committee to procure consulting services that may be necessary for the overall execution of the capital project and convey the approved Program of Requirements to the selected consultants, leading the project through the schematic design phase.
• Support the mission of the University by recommending new construction and renovations to meet programmatic needs.
• Assist with the Campus Master Plan, a guiding tool for planning future capital projects for the University.
• Meet with departments and project managers to identify moving-related needs for small and capital projects, coordinate moving activities between a professional moving company or WVU labor crew and the units moving, and assist units in pre- and post-move activities by serving as liaison to other University departments.
• Develop, improve, and maintain departmental policies, procedures and standards, enforcing formal design guidelines for building interiors, signage and other items that affect the look of the campus.
• Research, evaluate, and benchmark best practices in planning, programming, interior design and construction activities and techniques.
• Bachelor's degree in interior design, architecture, or related field
• Three (3) years of experience in the following:
o Working knowledge of programming/space management/space assessment/space allocation (at a higher education institution preferred)
o Ability to create schematic design level architectural drawings to reflect proposed improvements to space
o Development of plan graphics utilizing design software such as AutoCad, SketchUp, and Photoshop
• One (1) year of experience with applicable building codes (e.g. Electric, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fire, and Life Safety)
• Background check
• Valid driver’s license required for travel to regional campuses and out of town meetings
City of Martinsburg, West Virginia
City Engineer/Planning Director
The City of Martinsburg, WV, located in the heart of the Eastern Panhandle, is seeking a City Engineer/Planning Director.
Graduation from a 4-year college or university with a degree in Civil Engineering or Urban Planning required.
Knowledge of civil engineering principles and municipal zoning, planning and project management is applicable. Professional civil engineering and/or municipal urban planning experience preferred.
The City Engineer/Planning Director works under the direction of the City Manager and oversees a staff of eight (8) employees within the Engineering/Planning Department.
Salary range $58,696-$99,783 negotiable, dependent on qualifications, with comprehensive benefit package.
Complete position summary and job description available at www.cityofmartinsburg.org. Applicants with engineering and/or planning experience are encouraged to apply.
Applications due June 2, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.
Submit resumes to:
City of Martinsburg
Attn: HR Director
Po Box 828
Martinsburg, WV 25402
EEO/AA. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.