AIA West Virginia
is the West Virginia Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
. If you are an architect, here you'll find a myriad of professional tools and resources to help you do your job better. If you are a client, we have designed this site so that you might learn more about the benefits of the architect-client relationship in your building project. And if you are a student or an intern, college scholarship applications
, Architectural Experience Program (AXP) information and career resources can be accessed here.
Need up-to-date salary information? Participate in the 2017 AIA Compensation Survey! It has been almost two years since the AIA published the 2015 AIA Compensation Survey Report - an industry standard, and the most comprehensive national survey on architect compensation. The new 2017 survey will provide compensation data for 39 positions at architecture firms, all nine regions of the country, plus many states and metro areas. To thank you for your participation, you will receive a complimentary PDF copy of the complete survey report when it is released. If you received an invitation to participate, we ask that you respond as your reply is vital for the success of this study. If you are a firm leader who has not received an invitation and would like to participate, please send an email to the AIA Economics & Market Research team at email@example.com . We thank you in advance for your participation.
Save the date for the annual Design Awards Gala on April 1, 2017 at the West Virginia Culture Center in Charleston.
AIA West Virginia is searching for a new Executive Director. Click here for more information.
The West Virginia State Fire and Building Codes will be in-effect on July 1 and August 1, 2016, respectively. Click on the links of each to see the rules adopted by the WV Fire Commission.
The 2016 AIAWV Design Awards and Scholarship Benefit was held Saturday evening, April 23, at the WV Culture Center. Congratulations to all firms receiving awards this year for their 2015 designs. They are:
- Silling Associates: Monongalia County Justice Center (Morgantown, WV) - Excellence on Architecture
Contractor: Massaro Corporation
- Silling Associates: Dixon Hughes Goodman Office (Chaleston) - Excellence in Interior Design
Contractor: Bossie Electric
- Edward Tucker Architects: Cox Landing Branch Library (Lesage, WV) - Excellence in Architecture
Contractor: MIRC Construction
- Bastian & Harris: Blue Ridge Community & Technical College (Martinsburg)
Contractor: Morgan-Keller, Inc.
- Chapman Technical Group: SRC Building Renovation (Charleston)
Contractor: Wiseman Construction
- GriD Architects: Highland House (Upper Tract, WV)
Contractor: Sowar & Associates
- M&G Architects & Engineers: West Family Press Box (West Liberty Univ.)
Contractor: Waller Corporation
- MSES Architects: Franklin Elementary School (Franklin, WV)
Contractor: City Construction Company
- Silling Associates: Summit Welcome Center (Mount Hope, WV) - Unbuilt Project
Owner: Boy Scouts of America
- Silling Associates: Walker Convocation Center (WV State University - Institute, WV)
Contractor: PJ Dick
- Williamson Shriver Architects: Teays River Station Office Building (Hurricane, WV)
Contractor: G&G Builders
- ZMM Architects & Engineers: Christ Church United Methodist (Charleston)
Contractor: Wiseman Construction
- ZMM Architects & Engineers: Gauley River Elementary (Craigsville, WV)
Contractor: Radford & Radford
CONGRATULATIONS and thank you to all of our Sponsors and Entrants.
View and Download the Walking Tour Map
of Capitol Street Charleston